Aussie Potato Pancakes
What's the big idea?
These are a sort of grated potato fritter that can be served as an accompaniement to all sorts of dishes.
A good addition to the buffet table in place of potato salad or rice, but they are definitely best served hot.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely grated
- 2 slices of ham, shredded *
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper
- 2oz butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, seasoning and tomato ketchup
- Squeeze as much moisture as possible from the potato, and then mix this into the egg, along with the ham and onion
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan until hot
- Take a dessertspoonful of the mixture and drop it into the pan
- Flatten it down with the back of the spoon to form a fritter approx 8mm thick and 75mm (3 inches) across
- Repeat with more spoonfuls of the mixture. Cook each for 2 minutes and then turn
- Cook for a further 3 minutes, before turning each pancake back again for a final 2 minutes cooking
- Serve hot
* For a vegetarian version, simply omit the ham.
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com