What's the big idea?
Another great example of Australian "fusion" food; simple, easy to cook food with a definite Asian influence - in this case, Thai.
Serve with boiled rice and a vegetable dish of your choice.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- About 1lb large prawns, deveined and peeled but with tails intact
- 1 stem lemon grass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 pint fish stock
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Place the lemongrass, ginger, onion, tomatoes and red pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Transfer to a wok, and cook on a high heat, stirring constantly, for 3-4 minutes
- Add the fish stock, fish sauce and cayenne
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and prawns. Bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add the chopped coriander for the final minute before serving