Turkish Shish Kebabs
What's The Big Idea?
Simple classic barbecue food! Marinated lamb with peppers, onions and tomatoes, cooked on skewers over hot coals....
Remember to allow marination time for this recipe.
Here's the list of what you need:
- 500g cubed lamb*
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut in 8s
- Salt, pepper
For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
*Other meat or even fish can be used, but lamb is traditional.
What To Do
- Mix all the marinade ingredients with the lamb cubes in a glass bowl
- Cover and marinate overnight in the fridge
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking
- Preheat your barbecue or grill
- Arrange the lamb cubes on the skewers, alternating with the vegetables
- Cook on the barbecue or grill, turning occasionally to ensure the meat is cooked evenly
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com