Spanish Chorizo & Mozzarella Bites
What's the big idea?
Tapas dishes aren't meals in themselves - the idea is to keep bringing out various different tapas over the course of the evening for people to eat as they're drinking (and enjoying the game!).
These are fairly simple and can be prepared in advance, although personally I like the contrast of the warm toast and sausage against the cold cheese. The combination of French bread, Spanish sausage and Italian cheese
isn't terribly authentic, but they always disappear, so I guess nobody really minds!
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1 French baguette
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1lb Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Fry the sausage in a non-stick pan until browned on all sides - this may not require any oil
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette into 1 inch thick slices. Toast on both sides
- Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each slice of toast, and top with a slice of chorizo
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with a little chopped parsley
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com