Basic Recipe for Bourguignonne Fondue - Beef in Oil
What's The Big Idea?
A fondue is a fun way to throw a Swiss sporting party. Essentially there's a central pot of hot cheese, broth, oil or chocolate, into which various tasty morsels are dipped!
This is one of many variations on the oil fondue idea.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 500g good quality beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 litres peanut or vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Season the beef well with salt and pepper, then refrigerate until fondue time
- Fill your fondue pot two thirds full with oil. Do not overfill, as hot oil can be dangerous
- Turn on the burner and bring the oil to 180-190C
- Using fondue forks, cook the pieces of beef for a minute or two, until cooked to your liking
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces, chutneys, ketchups, mustards, etc
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com