Breaded Chicken in Oil Fondue
What's The Big Idea?
A fondue is a fun way to throw a Swiss sporting party. Essentially there's a central pot of hot cheese, broth, oil or chocolate, into which various tasty morsels are dipped!
This is one of many variations on the oil fondue idea.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 500g chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 litres peanut or vegetable oil
- 250ml fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespsoon grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and black pepper
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic salt, chilli powder, basil, oregano and salt and pepper in a bowl
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg, then immediately roll it into the breadcrumb mixture
- Place the breaded chicken pieces on a paper towel-covered plate, and refrigerate until fondue time
- Fill your fondue pot two thirds full with oil. Do not overfill, as hot oil can be dangerous
- Turn on the burner and bring the oil to 180-190C
- Using fondue forks, cook the pieces of chicken for a minute or two
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces, chutneys, etc