Italian Risotto with Bacon & Cheese:
What's the big idea?
Risotto alla pilota
The "risotto purists" will probably hate this! Risotto is supposedly really difficult to cook correctly, very complex, lots of stirring and careful judgement of quantities...
And this is simple, but it really works (as long as you stick to the quantities shown below)! No long list of ingredients, just simple home-cooked Italian food.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 400g risotto or short grain rice
- 300g chopped bacon (or ideally equal portions of back bacon and pancetta)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- 50g butter
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- In a large pan, bring 2 litres of salted water to the boil
- Add the rice and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and stir with a wooden spoon
- Cover the pan with a damp cloth before replacing the lid. Set aside to allow the rice to absorb all the water
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon (and pancetta if using) and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes
- Stir the bacon/garlic/butter into the rice, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com