Icelandic Caramel Glazed Potatoes
What's The Big Idea?
This is a classic Icelandic Christmas recipe, where it would be served over the festive season as an accompaniement to a smoked and salted lamb joint, roast ptarmigan, or goose,
although turkey is now also becoming a popular Christmas meat.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2lb small waxy potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 8oz sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of water until tender, 12–15 minutes
- Drain the potatoes; allow to cool and then peel
- Add the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water to the pan. Simmer over medium-high, stirring frequently, until the syrup is golden, 6–8 minutes
- Stir in the butter and potatoes; cook until glazed, about 5 minutes
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com