Icelandic Cod with Butter & Egg Sauce
What's The Big Idea?
As you might imagine, the main sources of protein for the Icelanders are lamb/mutton and fish. This is a traditional oven-baked fish recipe with a rich creamy, buttery sauce - perhaps not one
for those of you on a diet, but tasty nonetheless. Very simple and quick to prepare.
Serve with hot mashed potatoes and green vegetables.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 x 8oz skinless cod fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven at 180C / 350F
- Place the cod fillets on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil
- Bake until the cod is cooked through, about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the chopped hard-boiled eggs and cook until eggs are heated through, 1–2 minutes
- Place one cod fillet on each plate; spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley; serve with lemon wedges
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com