Icelandic Baked Fish
What's The Big Idea?
As you might imagine, the main sources of protein for the Icelanders are lamb/mutton and fish. This is a traditional oven-baked fish recipe with a rich creamy, cheesy sauce - perhaps not one
for those of you on a diet, but tasty nonetheless.
Serve with hot mashed potatoes and green vegetables.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Plenty of salt and pepper
- 6oz emmental cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 200ml single cream
- 1½oz breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven at 180C / 350F
- Grease a baking dish with the butter
- Arrange the fish fillets in the bottom of the baking dish
- Season well with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Cover the fish with grated cheese
- Mix together the mustard and the cream, and pour it over the cheese and fish
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com