French Monkfish in Herby Marinade
What's The Big Idea?
Very simple dish of grilled - or barbecued - fish, with herbs, garlic, olive oil, wine and lemon.
Keep it nice and fresh and simple and serve with French bread (or garlic bread) and a green salad.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1lb Monkfish, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- Barbecue skewers (soaked in water for several hours if wooden)
- Mix together the herbes de Provence, garlic, olive oil, wine and the cubed fish in a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate to marinate at least an hour
- Preheat a grill or barbceue. While it is heating up, thinly slice one of the lemons, and cut each slice in half (to form semi-circles). Cut the other lemon into wedges
- Season the fish with salt and pepper
- Slide a cube of fish onto a skewer, followed by a thin semi-circle of lemon, then another cube of fish, etc. Continue until all the fish is on the skewers
- Grill or barbecue, turning frequently, until the fish is just cooked. Serve with lemon wedges, for squeezing