Hot & Spicy Korean Squid Stir Fry:
What's The Big Idea?
There's no reason why you couldn't substitute thin strips of chicken for the squid if you don't like squid.
If you don't like your food hot, reduce the amount of chillies to your taste, but add some paprika back in to maintain the characteristic red colour of this dish.
Serve with plain boiled rice.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1lb squid flesh, washed thoroughly and cut into thin slices
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (or less!) dried crushed red chilli flakes
- 10 spring onions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespooon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, soy sauce, chilli flakes, and sugar
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the carrots and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the onions, spring onions and green pepper. Stir fry for about 2 minutes
- Add the squid and the hot chilli sauce. Stir fry for a few minutes until the squid is cooked
- Serve with boiled short grain rice and pickles
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com