Iranian Herby Baked Fish
What's The Big Idea?
Iranians love herbs, especially combinations of parsley, coriander and mint, and you get all three in abundance with this recipe! Any type of fish will do - you could use cod fillets or something similar,
or whole (gutted) trout, entirely up to you.
It is apparently traditional to serve this fish dish with a vegetable pollou at the Iranian New Year/Spring Equinox.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 4 fish fillets (or small gutted fish) of your choice
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g fresh coriander, chopped
- 50g fresh parsley, chopped
- 50g fresh mint, chopped
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- Salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the fish, and use this sauce to coat the fish thoroughly
- Wrap each fish fillet in aluminium foil, and place the parcels in a baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes - actual cooking time will vary depending on the type and size of fish, so check regularly
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com