Iran-style BBQ Chicken
What's The Big Idea?
Easy to prepare and cook! You can do this recipe either using cubed chicken on skewers and serve it as a starter or part of a BBQ, or use larger chicken pieces such as wings, drumsticks etc
as a main course - just adjust the cooking time accordingly. Remember to allow time for marination.
Serve with the accompanying tomatoes (see below), basmati rice, and vegetables and relishes of your choice.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1kg chicken pieces (see comments above)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- Cherry tomatoes - as many as you want!
- Remove any skin from the chicken
- Mix together the oil, onions, salt, pepper and saffron
- Put the chicken in a glass or pyrex bowl. Add the marinade, coat well, cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours minimum, ideally overnight
- When ready to cook, thread the chicken onto skewers if you are using cubed meat. Thread the cherry tomatoes onto separate skewers
- Cook the chicken and tomatoes on the barbecue until thoroughly cooked, basting both regularly with the left-over marinade
- Serve with basmati rice and chutneys, and beware of the tomatoes - they can get very hot!
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com