Mexican Acapulco Chicken
What's The Big Idea?
Not sure how authentic this recipe is - looks to me like a sort of "pseudo-Texmex" idea, but it works and is delicious, so who cares?!
Easy to prepare, the kids love it and it goes down a treat with some plain boiled rice and an ice cold Corona! Enjoy!
Our Rating (1 - 5):
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1lb 4oz (575g) chicken meat, cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ - 1 teaspoon crushed dried red chillies
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 fl oz chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3½ oz tortilla chips
- Small carton sour cream
- Heat the oil in a flame-proof casserole or wok. Fry the chicken, onion and garlic for 5 minutes
- Add the chillies, fry for a further 30 seconds, and then stir in the tomatoes, stock, kidney beans and oregano
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with tortilla chips and sour cream
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com