What's the big idea?
Flautas are a great way to use up left-over roast beef, and make great and unusual snacks.
I'm sure other fillings would work well, but beef is traditional.
As an alternative to peeling and mashing the avocados, you could simply buy a prepared jar of guacamole.
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 1oz butter
- 12oz left-over roast beef
- 12 corn tortilla wraps
- 2 avocados
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- Toothpicks or cocktail sticks
- Shred the beef
- Warm the tortillas slightly in a microwave or conventional oven
- Put some roast beef at one end of a tortilla and roll up. Fold over the ends and pin together with a toothpick or cocktail stick
- Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and beef
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the tortillas on all sides until they start to turn crispy
- Meanwhile, peel the avocados and mash together with the chillies and salt to taste
- Serve the flautas on the plate with the avocado as a dipping sauce
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com