Tunisian Grilled Spiced Prawns
What's The Big Idea?
Actually, there's probably no reason why you couldn't do these on the barbecue, as long as you don't have it too hot. Instead of placing the prawns on a baking tray,
thread them onto skewers and cook on the BBQ, but remember to baste and turn frequently.
Remember to allow time for marination...
Our Rating (1 - 5):
Here's the list of what you need:
What To Do
- 24 large/jumbo/king prawns (shrimp), cleaned and prepared but with tails still on
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Arrange the prawns in a single layer in a shallow flameproof dish or baking tray
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, apart from the lemon wedges, in a small bowl and use this spice mix to coat the prawns
- Cover and leave to marinate in a refrigerator for up to 2 hours, turning from time to time
- Preheat the grill to hot, then grill the prawns for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with the marinade
- Serve immediately, garnished with the lemon wedges
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com