Ghanaian Hot Plaintain Crisps
What's the big idea?
These make a really interesting alternative to traditional crisps and other nibbles when you're watching a match.
Here's the list of what you need:
- 4 plaintains, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper*
- Vegetable oil for frying
*For a less fiery version, replace some of the cayenne with ground cinnamon.
What To Do
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the plaintains
- In a separate bowl or on a plate, mix together the ground ginger and cayenne pepper
- Heat about ¼ inch of vegetable oil in a frying pan until hot
- Roll the plaintain pieces a few at a time in the spice mixture to coat lightly. Fry until crisp and golden
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to dry off excess oil
- Serve hot (it may not be traditional, but my kids love them hot with cold vanilla ice cream!)
© Copyright 2012 - Sporting Parties.com